If you are a senior citizen, you might be wondering, “Does Amazon prime offer senior Discounts?”. You’ll be happy to know that Amazon.com provides senior citizens special discounts as part of their Prime benefits. In this article, I will describe who is eligible for a discount and how to use it! Now read more!
- What is Amazon Prime?
- Do Seniors Get A Discount on Amazon Prime?
- Eligibility Criteria for Amazon Prime Senior Discount
- Why Does Amazon Prime Offer Discounts For Senior Citizens?
- How To Sign Up For An Amazon Senior Discount?
What is Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is a yearly membership program that it offers, and it comes with a number of benefits. Those benefits are,
- Free 1-day shipping on millions of items, with no minimum purchase. Even if you buy a $5 book, it’ll arrive in 24 hours. Amazon has a lot of great items with free shipping.
- Free same-day delivery – Orders placed before 9 a.m. in some cities qualify for free same-day (or one-day) shipping on purchases over $35. For these cities, free next-day shipping is available for orders placed after 9 a.m.
- Access to Amazon Video – For Amazon Prime subscribers, there is a video streaming service called Prime Video. You receive free access to thousands of Prime Video titles if you have an active Amazon Prime subscription.
- Prime Reading – This service doesn’t require a Kindle and lets you borrow more than 1,000 books, magazines, and comics.
- Prime Discount at Whole Foods – For Prime members, shopping at Whole Foods comes with a 10% discount on sale items and select weekly best-sellers.
Do Seniors Get A Discount on Amazon Prime?
Yes, As I mentioned previously, amazon offers a discount for seniors. However, not all seniors are eligible to enjoy this discount which is really unfortunate. Amazon Prime currently offers this discount for seniors who are receiving government assistance. Therefore, you must be on Medicaid or have a valid EBT card to get qualified for this senior discount for Amazon Prime.
Let’s assume you are a healthy 75-year-old senior without an EBT or a Medicaid card. I regret to inform you that you will not be eligible for the Amazon Senior Discount.
With this discount, you can sign up for an Amazon Prime membership for $6.99 per month by using the Amazon Prime EBT Signup option.
Moreover, you can get free delivery on some Amazon purchases with senior citizen discounts. Additionally, Amazon provides its Prime customers with many services, including exclusive discounts, a 2-hour delivery window, an early delivery schedule, birthday discounts, and discounts on minimum purchases.
Eligibility Criteria for Amazon Prime Senior Discount
You must possess one of the following cards to qualify for senior discounts on Amazon Prime.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP or Food Stamps)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
In addition, those who have a Medicaid card are also eligible for this discount for 48 months and get an Amazon Prime membership at $6.99 per month. Signing up for the discounted Amazon Prime account requires proof of eligibility.
Why Does Amazon Prime Offer Discounts For Senior Citizens?
Excellent savings and convenience are the main factors requiring any senior to get an Amazon Prime subscription. Everybody knows that Amazon has everything in one spot, including electronics, furniture, office equipment, grocery delivery, medical aids, elder products, and a wide range of other items in addition to appliances, gadgets, fashion, and jewellery.
However, Amazon continuously offers its clients the benefit that operating costs for online retailers are lesser than those for physical stores. They have the most affordable prices, so you can save money by purchasing items for less than their regular price.
How To Sign Up For An Amazon Senior Discount?
It will bring you to the Amazon Prime senior discount page, and you can just click “Start 30 Day Free Trial”.
Select the qualifying method from the three options.
Assume for the moment if you desire to use your EBT. Simply select EBt, input your EBT number, select the state where your card is issued, and upload a picture of your card.
You can select the “other” option if you intend to use a verification method other than SNAP or Medicaid.
Select a payment method. You can either use an Amazon gift card balance or a credit/debit card.
Click on “Get 50% off prime”. Enjoy your free 30-day Amazon Prime Trial and senior discount!
Do I need to do another account if I already have one with Amazon?
No, you don’t. Simply go to the link and follow the above steps.
Can you get the amazon prime seniors discount in Canada
Unfortunately, at present, Amazon CA does not offer senior discounts.
Can I buy groceries with Amazon Prime?
Yes, you may use Amazon Prime to purchase groceries and receive same-day or next-day delivery. However, Amazon uses Amazon Fresh for the delivery of groceries, which is only offered in a few areas.
“Is there a senior discount for Amazon Prime”, is a common question people ask. Although technically, there is no particular price for seniors on Amazon Prime, if you have an EBT or Medicaid card, you can obtain a discount on your membership.