If you want to keep your family healthy, you need the best air purifiers because cheap products are often faulty. People exposed to high levels of particles for a long time can get bronchitis and have less lung function, leading to early death. Many things can make the air in your home unhealthy, like smoke from cigarettes, gasses from cleaning products or building materials, mold, dust mites, and pet dander.
These things make the air in your home unhealthy. There are a lot of things that can harm your health. These microscopic particles, found in dust and smoke, are particularly hazardous since they can enter the lungs and cause lung damage. Asthma attacks can happen when you breathe in particles for hours or even days. The lungs get irritated and can hurt.
People who have heart disease have been linked to having heart attacks because of this. Organic compounds from glue, paint, and cleaning products can irritate the nose and throat in the air. Then, they can also make you sick, have headaches, and damage your liver and kidneys, which can be very daunting. In this article, we are going to look at the best air purifiers of 2022.
The Best Home Air Purifiers
The best way to improve the air quality in your home is to get rid of the sources of pollution and let in clean air from the outside, which will make the air cleaner. There are mobile air purifiers that can be used when the other methods don’t work well enough or can’t be used at the time. Also called air sanitizers, they clean the air and make it fresh. They clean the air in one room, not the whole house like an air conditioner. They can assist you to cut down on the amount of pollution in your home, but there are limits to what they can do for you. You can find a lot of different things right away on the internet.
Coway AP-1512HH Mighty
You can clean 135 square feet of smoke in 30 minutes with the Mighty from the Coway AP-1512HH, a powerful fan. A 200-square-foot bedroom with 1,600 cubic feet of space worked just as well as it did in other tests. This happened as long as there was still a lot of smoke in a big city conference room with more than ten thousand cubic feet of space.
This is more than double what the big house specs would seem to allow for. Particulate pollution is cut almost 70% in an hour with this method. You can get it for a lot less than $200. People who live in bedrooms can use this mighty air purifier because it is small and quiet and can turn off its lights. You can use them for years and still work well even if you don’t change them for months or even years.
Levoit Core 400S
On high, the Levoit Core 400S removed 99.1% of smoke particles in 30 minutes and 96.3% on its third of four rates, which is the fastest and quietest. Imagine that you want an important and intelligent air purifier. If that’s the case, it’s a good choice because it works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for voice control and has its own app. But it usually costs more upfront than Coway Mighty.
Levoit Core 300
With an approximately 200 square feet cleaning area, the Levoit Core 300 offers a good value for the price. Over five years, about $300 worth of electricity is used if you leave it on medium all the time. If you need to buy seven new filters for the Coway Mighty in that time, you’ll have to pay $180, which makes this model a little dearer in the long run because it costs more to buy new filters now.
The Winix 5500-2 is a very good smoke alarm. 99.9% of the smoke caught on its highest setting in 30 minutes. On its medium-high setting, where the noise level is 40 decibels, 97.2 percent is caught simultaneously. As it turns out, though, the real difference isn’t that big: A lot of people use both machines all the time, so they can get particulates down to near zero and keep them there for good in less than an hour. It doesn’t matter that the Mighty is more efficient because it has a smaller visual footprint and a feature that turns off the screen.
This is how it works: The 5500-2 has the same HEPA filter as the AM90, and both work very well. Finally, though, it has a more modern look that many people will find interesting. Usually, it costs a little more than the 5500-2, but it has Wi-Fi and a simple app. Winix AM80s come only in dark gray.
Coway Airmega 400
- The Airmega has a lot of benefits: It comes with a device that tells you how clean the air is and a lot of different fan speed settings (the most elevated of which is surprisingly quiet). If the air quality is bad, these smart settings change how fast your fan runs. They also have a range of timers you can set. It’s also a lot heavier than many of its competitors. It weighs almost 25 pounds. There are good air purifiers from Coway and Honeywell for most homes. If your home needs a lot of air cleaning, the Airmega might be a good choice for you.
- What Air Purifiers Do Well: Air cleaners that do well in our tests are good at getting rid of dust, smoke, and pollen from the air. Most portable air purifiers use HEPA filters, which can cut down on small particles by up to 50 percent. This is based on a lot of different studies
- What Air Purifiers Cannot Do: An air purifier can only remove airborne allergens. To make it easier for the air cleaner to clean the air, the allergens fall to the ground quickly. This makes it hard for the air purifier to catch them.
- What We Don’t Know: Radon is another area where air purifiers and other air cleaners don’t seem to help because studies on their abilities to fight this gas aren’t clear. Many people don’t know how air purifiers that deal with gaseous pollutants work, so it’s not clear how good they are at getting rid of them.
Characteristics to look for when you purchase an air purifier
- Pre-Filters: The washable pre-filters prevent big particles from reaching the main filter, extending its life and saving you money on replacement filters.
- Everything that makes Ozone: Because an ionizer draws particles together through an effect that looks like static electricity, this can cause your body to be poisoned by Ozone, which is bad for your health.
We hope this article helped you in finding the best air purifiers in 2022.